Wednesday 1 April 2015

Clarins Natural Lip Perfectors ♡

As I've probably mentioned in a few blog posts before, my mum likes the brand Clarins alot, so she often gives me the little makeup samples or free gifts she gets, and earier today I pulled these beauties out of the back of my wardrobe.

Pretty sure I've talked about these in a favourites a while ago, but they are the 'Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors'. Wow, that just sips off the tongue so easily hehe.

So I have two colours, one of which I think is a mini and is a nice nude, the shade 03 and the other is full size in the shade 01, which looks like a natural your lips but better pink in the tube, but comes out clear. They give a tiny bit of shimmer but not much, just a really subtle amount, as they are focusing on the 'light'.

These are quite sheer, the nude one just gives a little hint of colour, they are definitely not full pigmentation like lipsticks or some lipglosses can be, but you wouldn't expect that considering 'natural' is in the name. They make your lips so shiny and luminous? Thats not the right word is it. You know those lip products that just feel so creamy and luscious on your lips, these are them. Your lips feel so soft and nice that you want to keep rubbing them together (that sounds weird haha). But they do bring light to your lips and they will appear fuller and more healthy, plumped and glowing. It says that they have Shea Butter and lots of vitamins in, so your not putting gross products on your lips, as they will help keep your lips moisturised.

Now after reading that, you are probably thinking they are sticky and tacky on your lips, but I can tell you, they are not sticky in the slightest, and unlike most lip products, they don't show chaps on your lips either.

It says on the website they are 'Sheer, but has enough colour to wear alone or to complement your favourite lip shade.' and I agree with that. 

But these gorgeous lip products do come with a hefty price tag, at £18 a piece. So I would say if you are starting out with makeup, they may not be an essential, and you could just stick with normal lip balms like Baby Lips that are a bit cheaper, or maybe save up or ask for one for your birthday? But for more experienced makeup users that really know what they're doing, maybe this would be something nice to treat yourself to, as it is very different to any other lip products out there.

Being pricey though, does come with some advantages like good packaging that doesn't fall apart easily. Also, the applicator is spongey, which means its easy to apply, some people may not like it but I think it's very handy to throw in your handbag.

You're probably thinking I'm being paid to say all good things about it, which I'm not by the way, but there are a few things I think could be better.
I think £18 is a bit over the top, considering Mac lipsticks are only £15 and they are quite sheer, £18 is quite a lot to pay for a sheer lip balm type product.
Also, I think the shade range could be better, considering most of the colours are either lightish pinks (there is one quite bright pink too) or a few nudes which are quite browny, I think there should be some darker colours, reds or berries or corals maybe?

I hope this has helped you all in some way, maybe inspired you to buy it or ask for it, or just try out some different lip products. If not, I hope you enjoyed it anyway. You can purchase these gorgeous products here.

Ellie xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment