Friday 14 August 2015

Serious Blog Chat♡

Aloha, you amazing people!
I made this blog to write about whatever I fancied, whether that be makeup or more personal things, and today I wanted to just spill my guts out to you guys and ask you some advice.

I love this blog. I've had it for probably about two years now although I only really started taking it seriously in January-ish. Writing blog posts is one of my favourite things to do. The whole blogging experience just makes me so happy. And I'm starting to feel quite proud of it.

But, at the moment, I'm having to be proud of my blog on my own. That's the only way I can really describe it. I don't mean that I want people to know so they can be proud of me, that's not at all what I'm saying.

It took a while for my blog to get going but recently it really has been. I have over five and a half thousand pageviews and am getting a lot more comments than I used to.

I'm so grateful for that. Anyone who reads my blog I love you to pieces and thank you so much for the support.

But today I wanted to talk about people knowing about my blog.

I'm not saying I want everyone at school to know, or anything like that. I'd rather keep it secret from them for the minute.

But I want to be able to talk to my family about it.

And that's where I need some advice from you guys.

None of them know that I have a blog. And I desperately want to tell them, especially my mum. I guess I'm just scared what her reaction will be. Also I don't know how to tell her.

(It would be so great if she could just read this post to explain to her I have a blog and didn't know how to tell her, wouldn't it now?!)

I wanted to post this because 1. I needed to get it out so I didn't bottle it up. And 2. I need some advice from you guys, how can I break it to her? If you have any ideas or if you have had to tell a family member something like this and have some advice, please please please comment or send me a message (using the form at the right of my blog).

I always used to finish my posts with 'Keep Smiling' and I wanted to remind you guys to smile. It will work out in the end.

Ellie xoxo

3 comments:

  1. None of my family know! I don't have many friends to tell! I don't plan on telling my family because its nice to have something that I can do without any influence from them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true actually! I'd never thought of it that way before, thank you <3

      Delete
  2. I asked my parents about starting a blog and I was really really nervous that they wouldn't agree to it but they did and are actually sooo supportive.
    XO

    ReplyDelete