Friday 1 January 2016

Chasing Your Dreams...

I don't really know what I'm doing writing this post but this is a topic that has been on my mind constantly recently and I thought it might be affecting some of you guys too so I'm doing what every blogger does in that situation which is write a post on it.

When I was a little kid, I wanted to be everything, a pop star, a writer, a singer. Then when I was maybe 11 I started acting in more and more school shows and then village ones too. I had anyways been in the plays even when I was at primary school - the main one I remember was being Mary in the Nativity when I was in Year 2 and being the Fisherman in Scherezade in whatever year that was.

Anyway for some reason when I started secondary school I became in love with acting and singing and performing and since then I had loved the thrill of being on stage and performing and it has been my dream ever since. I particularly wanted to be in Matilda at the West End.

You might remember me saying in my Blogmas that I had been to try out this weekend drama school place near me and how I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to going or not. Well since then I have been realising that I'm not too sure if acting is my dream anymore. I've been thinking a lot about it and it just really isn't the same any more.

My village youth drama club thing are holding auditions on Sunday for the show Grease they are putting on in April and firstly, I didn't get the same happiness when I found out but also I was practising earlier the song I want to sing at the audition but I felt like it just wasn't the same anymore and my voice is very rusty.

I'm still going to audition because what have I got to lose? But it made me think even more that acting maybe isn't my dream anymore. I've also been thinking a whole lot more about makeup and fashion recently and I'm growing to love them more and more every day and I'm starting to feel like maybe my dreams are changing and I don't want to do drama anymore, I want to do something (I don't know what) to do with makeup and fashion.

I know I'm only 13 so I don't really need to be thinking about my future and jobs too much but my aspirations are just something I have been thinking about a lot recently.

If I have a completely different feeling after going to the audition I will update you but that is how I'm feeling at the moment.

I also just want to say that as I am going to be going back to school on Tuesday, my schedule will be going back to how it was before, except instead of committing to two posts a week I'm going to say this. There will be posts going up every Tuesday, most Friday's and some Sunday's.

What is your dream?

Ellie xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You are only 13 lovely, you have got the whole world ahead of you! When you start GCSE and a levels you may find an area in the industry you really enjoy like media or musical production! I wish you all the best, keep dreaming x


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete