Thursday 26 March 2015

♡Day Trip Essentials♡

Hey beauties

I know, I know, where are the spring posts? They're coming don't worry, but tomorrow I am going on a school trip to London, so I thought I would show you some essentials for travelling and going on a day trip, especially as you may be doing that in the Easter Holidays (which are very very soon eeeek)!

So my first essential is food. Sorry but how can you go on a day trip without food? Aha in the picture I look like such an unhealthy person! I will be taking sandwiches and healthy food too, but they're not really that photogenic are they?😂


A scarf. I recommend a big cosy one, that you can use as a blanket on the coach (or car or train or whatever) and if you want to have a nap or just feel cosy, as well as obviously keeping warm when you're outside.


Socks. I cannot stress enough how amazing socks are on journeys. Especially if, like me, you have to wear school uniform, and spend 4-7 hours of your day on a coach. And then the rest of the time will be walking around. Your feet will get really sore and uncomfortable so socks are just Magic.


A body spray or perfume is a must. Like I said, you will be spending a lot of time on a coach (or car or other form of transport) with lots of people and not much fresh air, so you may start to reek a little. And that's when a body spray comes in handy. This one is an Impluse, I recommend them because they're really cheap and smell good and they're just handy.

A little beauty bag. I would keep maybe a little bit of makeup for top ups, if you are wearing makeup that day, a hairbrush, and some makeup wipes maybe, as if you are coming back late at night and want to take your makeup off, or they just come in handy if you have a spillage or a little accident haha. Also, tissues are very helpful, especially if, like me, you are always ill or have hay fever or allergies.


LIFE HACK: NOBODY REALLY WANTS TO CARRY AROUND A MASSIVE PACK OF 20 FACE WIPES, SO BEFORE YOU LEAVE JUST TAKE ONE OR TWO AND PUT THEM IN ONE OF THE SEALABLE FREEZER BAGS (you probably have them in your house but if not, you can buy packs of like 50 for like 50p) AND IT WILL KEEP IT MOIST AND WONT DRY OUT.

Your phone obviously. And headphones, because sometimes if you have to spend hours on end with people, you just want something to drown them out with. And music is perfect.

If you're going on a day trip, then I recommend carrying this in a backpack, or rucksack same thing, as walking around in a big group, you won't be able to stop to put your bag down, and everyone else will have heavy bags too, so if you have a rucksack you will have free hands to do activities or whatever you are doing, instead of having to carry a heavy bag on your arm or shoulder.

So that's everything for today, I hope you enjoyed this post. I will be back soon with another post, I love you all!

Ellie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment