Friday 18 September 2015

Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette ♡

One of my favourite makeup products to experiment with is eyeshadow. Not that long ago I picked up the Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette and now I have tried it out quite a lot I thought I would do a review of it.

Quality
So quality is the most important thing about makeup, in my opinion, if it isn't good quality, its just not good makeup. This, however, is insanely good quality. The eyeshadows are so pigmented, creamy and they blend into your eyes really well. I'm not going to make any huge claims as I can't be sure but I know these last a very very long time.
Colours
There are three palettes - Nude (basic cool and warm shadows), Nude Grey (more grey, cool toned shadows) and mine, Nude Bronze (warmer toned shadows.) They are mostly shimmery apart from the first shade: Ivory, which is a matte light creamy champagne colour, perfect for the inner corners or the brow bone. As well as that, the other five colours range from golds to bronzes to taupes.
Value
Being a drugstore product, this palette is very affordable, at only £3.99. There are six beautiful eyeshadows so it is about 67p for each shadow, amazing value!
Negatives
I mean obviously this palette isn't perfect, nothing is. But I am finding it hard to think of things I don't like about it. I think it could have one more matte shade as there is only one, although looking at imy pictures now,mI actually think the end one might be a matte too. Also the packaging could be better, but that's about it.
Swatches
Bottom to Top - Ivory, Mink, Ochre, Golden Brown, Ember, Nutty.
How I Like To Wear It
There are a lot of different looks you can do with this palette, but I thought I would share with you all a few looks I like doing with it. The first look I like to do is to take Ivory all over my lid, then Nutty in my crease and outer corner, and finish with Ivory in my inner corners. I also love using Ochre all over my lid, then Golden Brown in my crease and outer corner, and a thin line of eyeliner with a little flick. There are loads of different looks you can do with this palette, some I am still yet to discover, but those are just two I really like doing.
Opinion
This palette is INCREDIBLE. The shadows are amazing quality, beautiful colours, very long lasting and all for only £4. I would definitely recommend this is you are a makeup addict like me. One of these palettes would also be good for a beginner as they have all the colours you really need when you are starting out at a very good price.
What is your favourite eyeshadow palette?
Ellie xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I have the nude version of this and I love it! Great review! X

    http://vanilladrxps.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the grey version of these! I love it, lovely review x :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete