Friday 4 September 2015

Silver Summer Makeup ♡

I posted my everyday summer makeup recently but sometimes I am in the mood for a bit of a darker, not goldy look so this is a summer makeup look you could do which is more grey and purple toned.
So to start off you need quite a lightweight dewy base so instead of using just concealer I decided to put a small squeeze of my mini Benefit Porefessional and a small squeeze of my Rimmel 9 in 1 Radiance BB cream together on my hand and then applied them onto my face together with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. This actuallly created a gorgeous flawless looking, light coverage base which I really loved.

Next up I will just finish up my face by adding a bit more colour again using the L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Blush and set all that in place with my Maybelline Matte Maker (although some days if I want a more dewy look I will skip this.)

It is then time for eyeshadow and my eyeshadow looks change a lot during summer but this time I decided to do a bit of a more purpley, silver look using some trios I hardly use any more.
firstly took the grey shade from this Rimmel Glam Eyes trio and packed it lightly on my eyes. I then took a light purple shade from a different Rimmel trio and packed that all over my eye, focusing on the outer half. It looks like you've taken ages on it but it is actually a really quick but pretty eyeshadow look. 
If you read my everyday summer makeup post you will know that I haven't been doing Eyeliner as much this summer but I thought it went well with this look so I just did a quite thin black line very close to my lash line and did a tiny little flick but not a big one.

I never actually say this in posts, but I obviously do these things on both eyes haha!

My essential step which really helps finish off the look is Mascara. I have tried out a lot of mascaras and this time decided to pair my favourite mascara: Collection No Clumps with the Maybelline Lash Sensational. This just created really long, fluttery Lashes.
Last but not least is lips, and for this look I picked a bright, glossy lip and used this mini Clarins lip gloss which is quite red and shimmery.
Whats your favourite look for summer?

Ellie xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This is a super pretty makeup look. Perfect for transition between summer and autumn. :)


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete