Tuesday 22 December 2015

Gold Eyes & Red Lips #22

If there's any look that makes me think of Christmas, its this one. Sometimes at Christmas you just want to go for the more traditional makeup look so today I'm bringing you my last Christmas makeup post - gold eyes and red lips. This look is perfect for Christmas Day, of just any time in the festive season.

This look is also a collab with the  amazing Emsi Rose. I love her blog and she is doing collabmas (blimey if I think Blogmas is difficult imagine how difficult a collab every day must be!) so be sure to check out her blog and her Christmas makeup look.

Base
Lets be honest, if you have shimmery eyes and bold lips, you are most probbaly going to want to go easy on the base makeup and not do anything too much.
One tip when doing your makeup at Christmas - eat chocolate orange. Chocolate orange is the nicest chocolate in the world of chocolate. Eat it!
To create quite a natural base,  you don't really want it to be dewy but its up to you really, whatever you would usually do, maybe a more matte or satin finish if you want to use foundation. Okay I'm rambling. Personally, on Christmas day I wouldn't want my face to be caked in makeup, I would focus more on the eyes, so I would probably just use a concealer or BB cream. The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is great if you want to just use concealer as it gives a lot of coverage.
I would definitely powder for Christmas makeup and I would use the Maybelline Matte Maker. If you want you could also contour and apply a natural blush which doubles as a highlighter, for me that would be the L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Blush.

Eyes
To start you will want to prime your eyes to make sure the makeup stays on, I'm opting for my Seventeen Metallic Cream Eyeshadow. Then is the fun part. You get to pack as much gold eyeshadow on your lid as you can. Well not literally, but as much as you think is necessary. Then, you want to take a darker gold shade or a bronze and just darken the look up a bit by putting it in the crease and outer corner, but make sure you don't loose the goldness.  I used my Collection palette and my Sleek palette but I would use whatever palette you have, as long as it has a pure gold colour in it.
After that, it's eyeliner time. Take a brown or black eyeliner pencil and just put that on your lash line then finish the eyes off with a lot of mascara. I would go for the Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Eyeliner and the Maybelline Lash Sensational but again, it's completely up to you.
Lips
Last but not least, the lips. There are two options, bright red - MUA Shade 13 Lipstick - or dark red - Rimmel Kate Moss 107. Dark gives a bit more of an edgy look and would be perfect with a dress or a more comfy outfit, but then to be honest so would the bright, although it would probably be better to brighten up your look if your outfit is quite plain or monochrome.
Now you look like the Christmas angel, it's time to get eating your Christmas dinner, playing board games with your family and having fun.
Ellie xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post! I bet this look is super pretty plus I love the collection eye shadow palette, such a Staple in my makeup kit x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I love how you've put the pictures together xo

    ReplyDelete