Saturday 5 December 2015

Smokey Eyes & Nude Lips #5

If there's one thing that makes me super excited at Christmas it's doing different Christmassy makeup looks. I will be doing a few different ones in my Blogmas but I thought I would start with something which isn't necessarily a Christmas look, just a great look for going to a Christmas party, or even Christmas day.

This look is going to be more dark on the eyes and nude on the lip. Let's go.
Face
Honestly I never go too fancy with my face makeup and as the eyes on this look are quite dark and smokey I decided just to go for a natural base and stick with concealer - of course it's my Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer for under my eyes, what else? 


Eyes
For the eyes I like to prime them with the Maybelline Colour Tattoo. I then use a light Matte taupey brown as a base. Then it's smokey time, I first off all like to use this dark blue grey from my Sleek Palette in the outer half of my eye, then a more purpley grey im the inner half of the eye. I darkened it up by using this dark purple in my outer corners and crease and blend it out a lot and added some contrast (I sound like an art teacher) by using this light champagne as an inner corner highlight.

To define the lash line, I used the Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Eyeliner and then finished off with the Natural Collection Lash Build Mascara which I have been loving at the minute.

Lips
It's a very dark eye so I think a nude lip is perfect for this look, and quite a glossy one. I used this Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 03 which creates a sheen of nude on the lips but nothing too bad that looks like you are wearing concealer on your lips.

And that is it. I apologise this post is quite awkwardly written as I find it hard to write tutorial posts on my blog - I love makeup but I just prefer favourites and reviews and my personal makeup looks so sorry if this was a bit rambly and not the best post, but I hope you are enjoying blogmas so far.

Ellie xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This would be such a good makeup look! Perfect for winter and suitable for everyone x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete